Refine your search

Type of Item

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Item Name

 
 

Historic House:Hafoty Medieval House at Hafoty Medieval House (Cadw)

  • Cadw Welsh Government

Historic House, free entry

Hafoty Medieval House

Hafoty Medieval House

COVID-19 Coronavirus: Outdoor attractions/activities will be able to reopen for 'day visitors' from the 6th July 2020 - Please check before travelling

Details

The substantial white-painted stone building we see before us today was originally a timber-framed house probably built in the 14th century (it’s recorded as Bodiordderch, the ‘House of Iordderch’, in 1352). It was later encased in stone and saw modification and restoration in the 19th and late 20th centuries, though its medieval layout remains. It passed through the hands of important local families – the Norres and the Bulkeleys – and by 1585 was described as a (summer) dairy house or hafoty.

External view only. Take the B5109 from Beaumaris towards Pentraeth. After circa 3 miles, turn right onto an unclassified road to Llanddona. After a distance of 0.75 miles parking can be found on the right hand side of the lane by way of a rough pull in, just before the farm entrance lane to the left.

Smoking not allowed

Opening Details

Open all the time

Can be viewed externally daily.

Prices

Free entry

Contact

Enquiries

Address

Cwm Cadnant,
Llanddona,
Isle of Anglesey,
LL59 5SR

Location

Directions

Plan route to Hafoty Medieval House (Cadw) using Google mapsPlan route using Google maps

Map reference: SH 562781  Lat: 53.27936 Long: -4.16123

Take the B5109 west from Beaumaris, pass a left turn signed for Llansadwrn and turn right where signed for Llanddona. Hafoty is on the left of this road, 2 miles from the junction.

Facilities

  • Smoking not allowedSmoking not allowed