A magical land of power and influence for more than 2,000 years, Dinefwr Park and Castle is an iconic place in the history of Wales. Two forts are evidence of a dominant Roman presence. The powerful Lord Rhys held court at Dinefwr and influenced decisions in Wales.
The visionaries, George and Cecil Rice designed the superb 18th-century landscape that you see today.
The 'hands-on' Newton House gives visitors an atmospheric circa 1912 experience. Exhibitions on the first floor tell Dinefwr's story and inspire visitors to explore the castle and park.
- Be amazed at the National Nature Reserve at Dinefwr
- Be thrilled by views from the top of the castle
- Let off steam in the children's play area and boardwalk
- Get close to the rare and historic White Park cattle
- Help with servants' tasks and hear them chatting about life
- Learn about and see the herd of fallow deer
Gift Aid (Whole Property)
Standard (Whole Property)
Groups (10+3) £3.00
Season Dates and Opening Hours
|Sun 1 Sep 2013 - Tue 31 Dec 2013
||Mon - Sun 11:00 to 16:00
||Park and castle
1 Jan–30 Apr 10 - 4 Mon - Sun
1 May–31 Aug 10 - 6 Mon - Sun
1 Sep–31 Dec 10 - 4 Mon - Sun
Newton House, grounds, café and shop
1 Jan–30 Apr 11 - 4 Mon - Sun
1 May–31 Aug 11 - 6 Mon - Sun
1 Sep–31 Dec 11 - 4 Mon - Sun