A magical land of power and influence for more than 2,000 years, Dinefwr Park and Castle is an iconic place in the history of Wales. Two forts are evidence of a dominant Roman presence. The powerful Lord Rhys held court at Dinefwr and influenced decisions in Wales.
The visionaries, George and Cecil Rice designed the superb 18th-century landscape that you see today.
The 'hands-on' Newton House gives visitors an atmospheric circa 1912 experience. Exhibitions on the first floor tell Dinefwr's story and inspire visitors to explore the castle and park.
- Be amazed at the National Nature Reserve at Dinefwr
- Be thrilled by views from the top of the castle
- Let off steam in the children's play area and boardwalk
- Get close to the rare and historic White Park cattle
- Help with servants' tasks and hear them chatting about life
- Learn about and see the herd of fallow deer