A magical land of power and influence for more than 2,000 years, Dinefwr Park and Castle is an iconic place in the history of Wales. Two forts are evidence of a dominant Roman presence. The powerful Lord Rhys held court at Dinefwr and influenced decisions in Wales.
The visionaries, George and Cecil Rice designed the superb 18th-century landscape that you see today.
The 'hands-on' Newton House gives visitors an atmospheric circa 1912 experience. Exhibitions on the first floor tell Dinefwr's story and inspire visitors to explore the castle and park.
- Be amazed at the National Nature Reserve at Dinefwr
- Be thrilled by views from the top of the castle
- Let off steam in the children's play area and boardwalk
- Get close to the rare and historic White Park cattle
- Help with servants' tasks and hear them chatting about life
- Learn about and see the herd of fallow deer
Gift Aid Admission (Standard Admission prices in brackets):
Adult £7.15 (£6.50)
Child £3.85 (£3.50)
Family £18.15 (£16.50)
1 Adult + 3 Children £11.00 (£10.00)
Group Adult £6.00
SN 614225 51.88265 -4.01346
SatNav: Problems, do not use.
From the end of the M4, take the A483 to Llandeilo, through the town and left where signed to Dinefwr Park.
From the east on the A40, south-west from Llandovery and left at roundabout for the A483 and the town; up the hill and right where signed to Dinefwr Park.
From the west on the A40 from Carmarthen, turn right where signed for Llandeilo and Dinefwr Park.
: 2 miles from Llandeilo station