Refine your search
Search availability for Delfryn and book online
Delfryn is a large, comfortable, 4 star graded Edwardian house just five minutes walk from the centre of Brecon. Rodney and Jackie Ashwood (with their cocker spaniel dog called James) offer guests exclusive use of a private suite of rooms on the second floor of their home, comprising of:
• A double bedroom
• A large bathroom with a shower over the bath
• A separate WC
• A landing area
Centrally heated and fully carpeted throughout, there is a Freeview colour TV, refreshment facilities, bathroom toiletries and storage space for bags and suitcases. WIFI available.
A traditional, continental or vegetarian breakfast is served in the dining room, usually between 8am and 9am and most produce is locally sourced.
Guests may use the garden in pleasant weather and there are facilities for walkers to wash muddy boots outside. There is off-road parking and bicycles may be stored in the garage shed.
Reception is normally from 4pm and a complimentary tea is offered on arrival. Departure is by 11am on the final day.
Tariff - £65 per night. Contact us for reservations.
Your host is also a military historian and offers you a unique Zulu War Experience - a privately guided tour of the Military Museum and Regimental Chapel.
Unfortunately we do not provide an evening meal and we cannot take any pets. A no smoking policy applies throughout the premises.
Children welcome from any age.
- Tea/coffee making in bedrooms
- Lounge for residents' use
- Snacks/afternoon tea
- Private parking
- Totally non-smoking
- Dogs/pets NOT accepted
- Electric shaver points
- Television available
- WiFi or internet access
Children welcome from any age.
Self-Assessed Accessibility Details
- Surface of the car park and pathway leading to entrance is
- Solid ie tarmac / concrete etc
- Drop-off point for guests outside entrance
- Route from the parking area to the entrance:
- Is flat (i.e. without steps)
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift to:
- Good contrast between the floor and wall
- Guest information available in large print (14pt and over)
- Bedroom with non-allergenic bedding available
- Bathrooms available with:
- Bath with shower
The accommodation, which is on the second floor of the house consists of a a double bedroom, a large private bathroom, a separate WC and a landing area. The second floor is accessed by a large central staircase with banister. All floors are level and are fully carpeted. The house is centrally heated throughout. The owners have a cocker spaniel dog, so no other pets are permitted unfortunately. No evening meal is provided. Breakfast is a traditional menu with a continental or vegetarian option.
- Steps to the main entrance
- 2Number of steps to entrance
- Entrance well lit
- Bell at main entrance
- Level access (no steps/thresholds) or access by ramp or lift
- Good contrast between the floor and walls
- Menus available in large print (14pt and over)
- Meals for guests with special dietary requirements can be provided:
- Proprietors/staff available 24-hours