Refine your search

Type of Venue

 

Location

 

Facilities

 

Or Venue Name

 
 

image for Town item typeCwmbran

Town

Cwmbran

Cwmbran

Details

In 1949, Cwmbran became the first `New Town` in Wales resulted from the Labour Government's New Towns Act of 1946 The 'new town' provided accommodation for the numerous employees who each day made their way to work in the new industries that were springing up in the Cwmbran Area. Today, Cwmbran covers approximately 3000 acres and has a population around the 50,000 mark

Cwmbran is surrounded by the villages and neighbourhoods of Coedeva, Croesyceiliog, Fairwater, Greenmeadow, Henllys, Hollybush, Llanyrafon, Llantarnam, Oakfield, Old Cwmbran, Pontnewydd, St. Dials, Thornhill, Two Locks, Ty-Coch, Upper Cwmbran, and West Pontnewydd.

Cwmbran has a railway station on the South Wales to North Wales route between Newport and Shrewsbury.

Also at this Venue

Contact

Enquiries

Address

Torfaen,
NP44 1XQ

Location

Directions

Plan route to Cwmbran using Google mapsPlan route using Google maps

Map reference: ST 295954  Lat: 51.65295 Long: -3.02044

M4 Junction 26, A4051.

Accessible by Public Transport: 0 miles from Cwmbran station